The Inside Sales position at Setco is primarily responsible for generating new quotes for inquiring customers, entering new orders, communicating delivery status of new orders, providing order acknowledgements via use of Setco’s MRP system, generating pricing based off both historical costs and price books, and working with our Regional Sales Managers and Application Engineers to support customer requirements.
- 2+ years inside sales experience or equivalent precision spindle knowledge preferred.
- An Associate’s degree in technical field or a minimum of (2) year’s related work experience in precision spindle industry or machine assembly.
- Knowledge of machine tools or related business. Basic understanding of cutting tool process, types of tooling used, etc.
- General working knowledge of assembly drawings preferably in the machine tool industry.
- Basic “computer knowledge”. (Able to work with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook)
- Willingness to learn and utilize new MRP system (Epicor) and CRM system (SalesForce).
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Mechanical and/or technical aptitude.
- Field service experience preferred.
- Prepare and follow up on all sales quotes made for existing or potential new customers
- Quote based on scope of work as well as customer expectation
- Develop pricing from historical costs or price books
- Communicate effectively with customers, Regional Sales Managers, representatives, application engineering, and manufacturing teams from quoting through delivery of product.
- Enter new purchase orders into Setco MRP system
- Review customer purchase orders before entering to make sure it agrees to the terms Setco quoted
- Create sales orders that detail new product requirements
- Coordinate new product order reviews with sales, engineering and manufacturing utilizing Microsoft Outlook for scheduling.
- Distribute order acknowledgement’s to customers validating delivery dates
- Follow-up with customer’s on any delivery changes communicated by manufacturing
- Ensure customer satisfaction through an accurate and timely processing of quotes and orders
- Be the customers inside contact to provide answers in a timely manner
- Provide status updates to any inquiring customers
- Notify Regional Sales Managers of any customer complaints
- Assists sales team, customers and potential customers regarding the solution of technical and engineering issues that affect the sales and utilization of Company’s products.
- Strong work ethic and self-motivation. Able to understand urgency of a task and accomplish it promptly.
- Prepare cost estimates and quotations for new products and coordinates the preparation of cost estimates
- Maintain familiarity with SETCO product design guides, standards, specs and catalogs.
- Review terms and conditions with accounting before quoting and after orders are received.
- Responsible for quoting and entering manufactured parts orders.